today was such a big day that i wanted to document it.
i made a big decision with finances. i don't care what anyone thinks. i'm getting us ready to move. it's a done deal. i NEVER want to use a credit card again. live within your means. that's what i'm telling myself, my husband and my kids. one step closer to moving off of the family land. and it feels good. my decision. it's done. moving forward. that's my new years theme. MOVING FORWARD. although change still scares me...i'm ready! bring it on! i've been so spoiled my whole life financially. my mema and granddaddy have taken care of me my whole life. and still have been in ways. i love them. and this is MY fault...but i have never truly had to take care of myself financially. i now recognize that and am making major changes.
i went to Georgia Power today. i put the electricity bill in my name. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I HAVE A UTILITY BILL IN MY NAME. too much explanation to even go into. three husbands and grandparents who babied me my whole life. (financially) enough said. i now exist in the world of utilities. haha! such a small lame thing. but such a big deal to me. now when we move somewhere and they look me up in the computer i will exist in power bill land. (not that i've never PAID a utility bill. it's just never been in my name.)
johnny is an official college student today. he starts the Paramedic program at savannah tech tomorrow!!!!!! we had a hard time getting him enrolled, but it's a done deal! he's on his way to a career!!!!!!!!! and he opted for the diploma over the certificate, so even better!!!!!! i'm so excited for him! i'm so proud!!!! this is the first time that something has made me feel so old...and yet i don't feel bad about it! LOL he is taking 3 core classes: english, math, computer basics and one in his field: anatomy and physiology. :)
i've been cooking a lot more for the family. and when i have the time i love it! so i've been making more time for it! and eric is helping out so much so i can have time in the kitchen AND exercise time for myself! i'm back in the saddle again!!! (saddle = treadmill and exercise!) i made beef stew in the crock pot the other night. followed by homemade chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. tonight i made the most yummy spaghetti and meatballs full of veggies! mmmmmmm. and i put on a crock pot full of veggie filled chili for tomorrow night. my fridge is full of fresh veggies and tons of fruit and I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! ...say prayers for this year to stay positive for me. i'm the world's worst pessimist and worry wart. but right now i feel good!!!!!
jackson and kyle go back to school tomorrow so we'll be back on a regular schedule around here. i've LOVED the holidays, but i'll be glad to get back on a schedule. seriously.
the new year started off badly for me. a migraine new years eve and new years day. BUT i decided that didn't mean anything and i'm going to have a good year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the fact that everyone in my house and the neighbors are obssessed with Magic the Gathering has also given me a whole lot of ME Time! See!!! I'm finding positives in things rather than bitching about them!!!! My therapist is going to be so proud!!! hahahaha!
:-)
It is SO GOOD to see a positive upbeat post again finally!!!
ReplyDeleteI'M SO PROUD OF YOU. I know what a big deal all of this is!! And I love to hear that you've been able to cook more!! The less and less frozen processed food in your home will eventually lead to more and more pennies and nickles and dimes and DOLLARS in the bank! :D And less lbs for everyone!
Also, I am so so proud of Johnny! He's going to do great! I texted him today to tell him that. I can't believe little Jon-Jon is all grown up!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I love you!! I'm here for you whenever you need a pick-me-up! You know this!
I am so proud too! and I'm glad I'll contribute when I get my ass to send you that package... I promise it'll be sooner rather than later!!!
ReplyDeletelove you. STAY POSITIVE. you can and WILL do whatever you want <3
love youuuuu!
wow ape. wow. im so proud of this. you're such a great person and it puts a smile on my face to see you so happy. <3
ReplyDeleteTHANK YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know anyone even read this anymore. :) Ya'll are the best!!!! Thanks for being upbeat and supportive friends!!!!!!!! <3
ReplyDelete