aprilinwonderland

aprilinwonderland

Monday, June 7, 2010

So....... a lot has been happening.
Spent this whole weekend in Downtown Savannah on a Girls Weekend! Feral came down from NC and Ginny and Jenine partied with us!!! We had So MUCH fun!!!!! i can't even begin to describe all the laughs right now. i really can't. too much going on in my brain. but it was an amazing weekend!!! I love those girls and hope it happens again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO...*insert dramatic music*...Eric came and spent this weekend with the boys while I was gone. He hung with Bailey a lot and did a lot of talking apparently...pent up stuff from deep down. And when I got home from Savannah Eric was still here. Waiting to talk. We sat and had our first face to face adult conversation in forever. He told me all the reasons he actually left...ran away. :( At least now I can begin to understand what happened to us. Since I've been so open and honest here I will divulge in due time. I want to talk to my therapist first though. Really do. Eric and I are giving our marriage another chance. A real chance. We talked about every fear we both have and what we both want and set new and adult ground rules for how things will happen now. Most of all we will communicate. In this last year with Mema, I have been consumed....and although Eric and I lived together and spent time together and talked....we had not been communicating at all. I had no idea what was going on with him and how he felt. And vice versa.
So I'm happy. I think we can really make this work. If it doesn't at this point, then it wasn't meant to be. Because after this...I can say that we gave it our all and tried. But I honestly feel very good about it all. Therapy will DEF be continuing....as will my journey to re-finding myself. Eric thinks that's as important as I do...and that feels wonderful. I'm still going to fly that plane dammit! And I'm still going to NY by myself like a big girl for another awesome girls weekend. I am going to get right with myself!!!! I think we have a chance to be a healthy couple now!
Just be happy for me. Support me. This is my life.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best on both of these journeys! I am glad that you are still going to discover you. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete